frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Start and end date for recurring invoices

I would like the ability to put a start date for a recurring invoice and an end date.

I sell a service that lasts for 36 monthly payments but the first payment isn't due until 4 weeks after the start date.

Comments

Hi dun123,
    I am implementing Start & End for recurring invoices. If you are still interested, please email me I will send you credentials for the dev server. Thanks
    Eric

@dunn123 said:
    Thanks.
    Will there be a facility to list all invoices by their frequency too?

Yes,

Thanks.
    Will there be a facility to list all invoices by their frequency too?

@dunn123 said:
    Hi
    How do I cancel a recurring invoice and can I filter a list to show just recurring invoices?

Hi,
    I am refining this feature for the next release. It did not cover every cases. For example, you create a recurring invoice 2 months ago and you need to add /remove items in this recurring invoice. The new approach will be like this: month 'm' I create a recurring invoice. When month m+1 is here, the new invoice is generated and gets recurring attribute. The previous invoice become a 'once' invoice. This way, before the invoice is paid, I can add, remove items or set it to 'once' for the current month and month + 2... This feature will be added in the next release. Stay tuned!

edited July 10

Hi
    How do I cancel a recurring invoice and can I filter a list to show just recurring invoices?

@dunn123 said:
    Thanks, so if I set up an invoice today with a due date of 28th July, frequency Monthly and save with out sending immediately, will the customer get the invoice emailed to them on 28th July and then the 28th of each month following?

It won't create a duplicate on the 28th July of the original invoice?

No, draft emails are not sent and won't be generated. You can do this way: create invoice with date set to 28th july, due date set to what you want, frequency Monthly and save without sending. On 28th july you send manually this invoice and the next one will go on 28th of each month.

Thanks, so if I set up an invoice today with a due date of 28th July, frequency Monthly and save with out sending immediately, will the customer get the invoice emailed to them on 28th July and then the 28th of each month following?

It won't create a duplicate on the 28th July of the original invoice?

Okay, you can now set the default due date to day +... in the settings or manually by choosing a date. But it is a good idea to define number of loop. I welcome this idea and will try to implement it. Thanks