frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

How to add correctly an invoice ?

edited July 1 in Tutorial & How-to

Hi Eric,

Could you tell me how to add correctly an invoice into your interface ?

No problem to add customers, my logo, services & references, etc. ...

But when I create an invoice, the mail is not sent to the customer. The option is selected on the bottom of the page " /index.php/invoices/create_invoice ".
And the what's the correct status to activate the billing ?
In the same time, could you tell me if I check the "invoice every months", if the invoice will be sent automaticly ?

Of course, the cronjob is activated every 5 minutes ( wget -qO- http://domain.com/index.php/cron >/dev/null 2>&1 )

Thank you for your help !

David

Comments

@Zixar said:
    Ok, for the mail ... I know why ... Collected into the spam box.

:smile: You should consider using a spf from Google (Google Apps for work) or a gmail address if your personal domain emails are marked as spams.

Ok, for the mail ... I know why ... Collected into the spam box.

@Zixar said:
    I think it's OK for php_mail() because the mail are automaticly sent by the script with an estimate.

When I create an invoice with the status "unpaid", the mail is not sent to the customer. ( Checkbox selected to sent the mail ). Could you tell me what's the correct status to create a mail with rebill ?

Thank you for your help.

David

Okay, what version are you running ? I just tested the latest with status set to "Unpaid" and I receive the notification. Normally, you don't need to care about the status. All invoices are recorded as Draft by default. When you check the box, they go with status "Unpaid". This way, you can edit them as you want before sending.
    Please try to select the invoice in the list view and use the ACTIONS button to "Send by email" to see if it goes. I am still available for teamviewer

I think it's OK for php_mail() because the mail are automaticly sent by the script with an estimate.

When I create an invoice with the status "unpaid", the mail is not sent to the customer. ( Checkbox selected to sent the mail ). Could you tell me what's the correct status to create a mail with rebill ?

Thank you for your help.

David

Hi David,
    m'Manager uses the default php_mail() function to send invoice. This is the easiest way to achieve this because smtp settings are not obvious for everyone. So the first thing to do is to check that php_mail() is enabled on you server. Please use this link

Yes, if monthly is selected, invoices will go every month. If the cron job does not work, please just point your browser to http://domain.com/index.php/cron to see if you get a success message. mManager tries to guess the server environment. Sometimes little adjustments are needed as mentioned by this user:

Cron issue is solved by running the following command instead of the one specified under INVOICE & QUOTE: wget -4 http://your-domain.com/file_name/cron . thanks to eric

If you still have issue, I am available for help via teamviewer.
    Thanks